Monday, December 23, 2013

Debbe Diesel

well, its better than doing Dallas I suppose.  Dan the man has had an itch for a diesel truck for months.  Now I was perfectly happy with the one we had however I kept hearing about torque, gas mileage, torque.....you get the idea.  the first dealer we went to see was SOOOO pushy...even offering to let us take the truck home overnight (WRONG).  We didn't fall for that.  So the next day, Danno said lets go to another place so down the road we trucked.  And the result?  New (used) diesel truck, 60,000 miles less wear and new tires.  Now his fingers are skipping all over ebay and Amazon looking for various and sundry accessories (mostly mechanical).  It appears I will definitely be learning to drive the fifth wheel with this truck.....MORE POWER!

As for quilting, I've got a few irons in the fire....
This is the top of the lap quilt I am making for my sister.


Making placemats for my eventual inlaws....Dan's mom is from Denmark so I found some Viking fabric!




My quilt mentor is making a piece called all roads lead to the sea....piecing work
Her shop is here in Orlando, Quilter's Cove.

Isn't it absolutely beautiful?????


No comments:

Post a Comment