Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Preliminary QuiltCon

Can you say excited?  I could barely sleep because I was so hyped about being at QuiltCon.  I decided to fix myself some breakfast before going to the convention center which turned out to be a good idea.  Never go to volunteer anywhere on an empty stomach.  One thing I have learned about Austin, the traffic here is absolutely HORRIBLE.  It took us 45 minutes to go from the camp to the center which is approximately 5 miles......

Anyway, I helped hang some of the display quilts most of the day today.  There are 400 quilts on display and I wanted to take 99% of the home.  Could not take pictures during setup but will be able to take some tomorrow so I will share with everyone.Was able to catch up to some quilty peeps from the guild and we went to a really cool restaurant called Wholly Cow...outstanding burgers and sweet potato fries!  As we left the restaurant, I spotted some priests across the street giving out ashes!  I forgot it was Ash Wednesday! And to make it even cooler...they had a sign saying "Ashes to Go!"  You betcha we ran across the street to get ours!

  Registration went very quickly and I think I received the best swag bag from a convention ever.
I have met a few bloggers that I follow and look forward to meeting even more.















No comments:

Post a Comment