Monday, August 19, 2013

Control Myself....

Someone told me that once I started quilting, I would get hooked. Yes, I have become a quilting addict....I now have bins (yes more than one) of fabric, bought a Bernina used (in the sewing world it would be like updating from a hoopty car to a luxury vehicle). I had never really heard about anything but a Singer or a Kenmore. After bringing my nameless machine to quilting class, the other ladies were kind enough not to snicker. I soon learned that it made a big difference what kind of machine you used when you quilted. To be honest, I can't imagine how our foremothers did it. Luckily after five weeks of class, I happened to find a used Bernina on sale. Now let me say that I never thought that sewing machines could be costly so when I began doing some research I choked on soda quite a few times. The reason I looked at Bernina was because everyone who came into the particular quilt shop where I attended class all had that brand. I was told that once I used it I would never go back to anything else.....and they were right!!!! Sewing on that machine which I have named Ethel Belle (after my grandmother who was a queen of embroidery and crochet) is like driving my Corvette..... I went to a local Habitat ReStore and found an antique sewing machine in a cabinet and the added benefit of a chair. I asked Sweet Thing to remove the sewing machine and replace the open space with a piece of wood. My intent was to strip the cabinet, repaint it and use it for my sewing machine. IT CAME OUT AWESOME! As soon as I can figure out how to post pictures here I will do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment