Friday, March 14, 2014

Sad Saks and shipped out to an oil rig

I am sorry to see Saks leaving Florida Mall as I will miss my buddy Chessie who ran the Bobbi Brown counter.  Luckily I slipped in today and saw her.  We chatted for a bit, exchanges numbers and I went off in search of closing bargains.  What did I find?  Three large fabulous framed photographs which I will post later.  The frames have scratches from moving in the store but nothing that can't be done.  The biggest reason I am stoked about them is the price....two were 150 and the larger picture was 300. Since the store was down to two days left, having sold off most of the fixtures the salesgirl let me have them for the bargain price of....70.00!  Happy happy me!

On another note, my son Brandon went off this week for orientation for a new job and did he ever move up.  Originally, he was going to go to a. Camp in Texas.  Well he calls me and starts jabbering like a yapping hyena.  When he finally calms down he said they have an opening on one of the oil rigs and does he want it, with a caveat of passing the water safety survival class...of course I said of and he said yes.  he passed his class and as I type he has already helicoptered out to his new home for the next three weeks.  His goal is to have them ship him overseas, hopefully to The Netherlands.  I am all for that.....it is a place the Navy never took me to!

No comments:

Post a Comment